Nope, we’re not fooling you – this thick and satisfying smoothie has two servings of veggies AND it tastes like a treat. Eating healthy is awesome!
Swiss chard is one of my favorite greens. It’s vibrant, silky, and downright fun to use in the kitchen. I mean, look at those stems! So colorful! This smoothie will of course work with almost any leafy green, so if you don’t happen to have swiss chard on hand – fear not! Spinach, kale, and tatsoi all make great subs.
Frozen cauliflower is a must-try addition to smoothies if you have yet to use it. Its flavor is undetectable but it lends a super smooth and creamy texture to the drink. The nut butter, oats and double dose of banana add to the creaminess factor as well.
Swiss Chard Milkshake
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- big handful swiss chard, larger stems removed and saved for a different use*
- 2 frozen bananas, broken into pieces
- 1/2 c. frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 tbs. almond butter, or other nut/seed butter
- 1 tbs. raw honey
- 1 tbs. rolled oats, gluten-free if that’s important to you
- Add ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
*Colorful and delicious swiss chard stems are wonderful to chop up and add to vegetable sautés or soups. Alternatively, save stems in a gallon zipper bag in the freezer along with other vegetable scraps. When the bag is full, make vegetable broth by placing the contents of the bag in a large soup pot, cover with water, and simmer for about 30-45 minutes.